Thursday, November 5, 2009

2nd Prenatal Appointment

Yesterday DJ and I had our second prenatal appointment, we are officially in the second trimester! I have gained 2 pounds total. I am doing well, no sickness, no back aches, basically- couldn't be happier! I am enjoying being pregnant, working out, training at the gym and playing with the dogs- I have even become quite handy around the house; fixed the smoke alarm, hung up some frames in our room and put together a new vacuum! Figured out the drill all by myself =)

I love going to the Dr's, only because we get to hear the little one's heart. I have not yet felt the baby move, no flutters, no nothing- for those of you that have had babies, when do you recall feeling the baby move?

We are 19 days away from finding out if it is a boy or girl!! I am thinking about not telling the family until Thanksgiving- they can wait 2 days, right?! I would like to bring dessert to Thanksgiving (maybe cupcakes or cake- I know- not very traditional) then use pink or blue frosting to share the news. Or I was thinking we could wait with everyone else- I would bring a "congratulations your having a baby" card to the appointment and ask the Dr to write boy or girl- then on Thanksgiving we can all open it together...Thoughts? Personally, I don't know if I can wait 2 days!

Last night we went to dinner with friends- bloated? Me or him?


5 comments:

  1. eeeek! I say this everytime - but you are SO CUTE! You prob wont feel the baby move til week 16 (earliest) but its not odd to not feel it until as late as week 20. (if I remember correctly) You gotta go get the book Pregnancy Week-by-week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... oh and you need to put a ticker on your page - so we can see how far along you are! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok,are you pooching your tummy out or is that all baby there? Are you sure we are not having twins?
    Pop-pop Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha no twins! It's all dinner and baby, no extra popping out. Will post another picture tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete