Monday, February 1, 2010

5K Run

Ran a 5k today and am looking forward to the Half Marathon. I realize the Half Marathon is another 10 miles on what I ran today, but I am confident I can do it. Finished the 5K in 28:18, not my fastest time, but then again, I am pregnant and I am not running for speed!

I thought I'd share a recipe- some of you have heard DJ and I talk about "The Zone" by Dr. Sears and used to follow it very strictly. I was in my best shape when doing this, however, since I am pregnant I allow extra "blocks" and snacks to be consumed throughout the day. I plan on going strict again once the baby is here. Anyway, delicious meal and enough food for 4 or left overs!

Ingredients:
1 pound of stew meat cut into cubes
1 1/2 cup diced onions
2 cups canned, no salt added, tomatoes
1 pound bag of baby carrots
1 cup sliced water chestnuts
1 red bell pepper
1 cup celery
1 tbls soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1 tbls dried basil
2 cubes of beef bullion
1 1/2 tbls dried parsley

Brown meat with onion and garlic. Once browned, add other ingredients plus 2 cups of water until carrots are tender.

Spring Salad and Strawberry Salad
10 cups greens
2 cups fresh strawberries
36 pecan halves; lightly toasted
1/2 cup "Annie's Naturals Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing"

Meal/Salad should be divided into 4 servings (4-4 block meals).

No comments:

Post a Comment