Thursday, February 4, 2010

GRACE

My WOD (workout of the day) today was "Grace" for those of you who do not know what that means, it is 30 Clean and Jerks at 85# for time (mens weight is 135#), it took me 6min and 37 sec. I felt great before/during/after the workout and have been doing some really great stretching which has helped with my back, sciatic and legs. I haven't had a cramp in my legs in a few weeks and I am a few days clear with no sciatic trouble (thanks to the new stretches).

Here is what "Grace" looks like:


Before I was pregnant my fastest "Grace" time was 2:52.

Another recipe... I tried this the other day and fed it to a few people to see what their initial reaction would be without knowing...I made lasagna with "fake meat." It is a complete vegetarian meal, that sure tricked the hubby. I encourage all of you to try it, you still get plenty of protein and it's delicious.

Ingredients:
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups morning star veggie crumbles
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
2 tablespoons minced parsley
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
6 "no bake/boil" lasagna noodles
4 ounces skim mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a large saute pan heat olive oil and veggie crumbles. Add tomato sauce and spices of your choice (I used dried basil, some chili flakes, salt, pepper and oregano).
3. In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
4. In a 11X7 in casserole dish- place a thin layer of sauce mix, then 3 noodles, followed by 1/2 the remaining sauce mix, 1/2 the ricotta mix and 1/2 mozzarella cheese.
5. Add 3 more noodles, the rest of the sauce mix, the rest of the ricotta mix and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 35min.

Let stand for 10min before cutting.

Makes 4-3 block meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment