Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cindy Yesterday, Today REST

Yesterday was "Cindy" (As Many Rounds As Possible in 20min of 5 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups and 15 air squats). I got a total of 11 rounds plus 8 push-ups. DJ is editing a video clip he made for the post so we can show you all me working out. I felt really good during and after the workout- though the weight gain is starting to catch up with me. My pulls-ups were only 5 in a row a few times, the rest it was 3/2. Push ups have never been my strength and so 5/5 was how I managed. I do love some squats and look forward to them in workouts so 15 was easy to complete without stopping.

Today, thankfully is a rest day! No working out for me, though I am off to teach a PT class at Travis Air Force Base and then regular evening classes at CFS- not much of a "rest" but I don't plan on working out.


I have posted a few recipes and have had some positive feed back from them so I thought I would post another. It's a quick breakfast when you are looking for something sweet, delicious and fulfills both your Carb and Protein needs.

"Cheese Pancakes"
1c cottage cheese
3 eggs
1/4c flour
1 tablespoon canola oil

I personally add a little cinnamon and vanilla for flavor, but that's up to you.

Serve with 2 cups of strawberries on top. In ZONE words, it comes to 2-4 block meals. This recipe can be double with no consistency changes to the mixture. I recommend mixing the ingredients in a blender so it is smooth. Makes 8 pancakes (I use 1/3 cup measuring unit to make them all the same size).

No comments:

Post a Comment