Monday, February 8, 2010

Half Marathon Over

Our half marathon is over and boy is my body feeling it today! I am pleased to say that with the support of my husband, who ran along side me the entire time, we managed to run (jog really) the entire time with no stopping and completed the race in 2 hours, 33minutes and 31 seconds. Fourteen people from CrossFit Solano also signed up to participate (some ran a 5k, 10k and more ran the half), nonetheless, it was amazing to see all of them at the finish line cheering us on. To the best of my knowledge and what I could tell, I appeared to be the only pregnant woman running; it was great to have people come up to me and DJ after telling us how proud and amazed they were that I even did it.

The CFS Gang:

P2072597

Getting ready:

P2072598

My left foot at mile 4 (no, this isn't something I stepped in):

P2072599

Shoe off:

P2072600

I managed to have 2 of 3 blisters pop while running. I still managed to finish without stopping. The 3rd blister I have continued to ignore, but plan to remedy today.

Off to paint Caden's room. No rest for us!

5 comments:

  1. My wife is so incredibly strong and touh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. First she's "unsto" and now "touh"...you really do need that grande coffee with a shot of espresso!

    Congrats to you guys! I knew you would finish but I couldn't help but be worried. But ewww...sexy toes. You should have taken a shot without the sock. :) Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a rockstar and my idol! Run Lauren, run!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, impressive finish for your first 1/2...and pregnant, at that...sounds like it was a good race (except for the toe, ouch)!

    ReplyDelete